Grandma Swietzie's Broccoli Cheese Casserole
A very easy, tasty potluck dish. A Thanksgiving tradition. There is never any left, never.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 32 ounce(s) frozen chopped broccoli thawed.
- 2 pound(s) Velveeta Processed Cheese slightly frozen, you'll thank me later.
- 3 bag(s) Ritz style crackers crushed, but not pulverized.
- 1/2 stick(s) butter or margarine cubed into "dots" or not, I don't care.
- Before you assemble, you will need to prep.
- The butter is easy, cut it longwise, twice then slice off into quarter inch cubes.
- The crackers crush easily by keeping them in the bag, putting the bag into another plastic bag, grab the ends with each hand and crush inwards. A couple of crackers may still need to be broken up, but don't go crazy, we don't really want crumbs.
- Then you will need to slice the Velveeta, which is a pain. But if you use a bit of wire or string on a partially frozen loaf, it will be less of a pain. I usually slice as I go.
- In a medium roasting pan (foil for potlucks), layer the ingredients in order. Broccoli, cheese slices, ritz crumbs, dots of butter.
- Beke at 350 for 45 minutes. Longer if your pan is deep, or you forgot to defrost the broccoli.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyLeeLee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note