Grandma Steeves Buns
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3 or 4 cup(s) hot water
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 3-4 cup(s) flour
- Soak for 10 minutes2 tbsp yeast (instant or quick rising) + 1 tbsp sugar.
- In a large bowl, add 3 or 4 cups hot H20 - allow to cool a bit.
- Add - 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 2 tsp salt, 3 well beaten eggs, yeast (from above).
- Add enough flour to make a light dough but not sticky. Recipe says 3 - 4 cups - add flour gradually, you don't want bun dough too stiff.
- Allow to rise twice. Form buns on the second rise.
- Bake at 375 degF.
- Don't forget to make cinnamon buns with some of the dough!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kmawright and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma Steeves Buns Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes