My Auntie in Hawaii made this for me and gave me the recipe. Such an easy and tasty tofu dish to eat with rice and steamed vegetables. No cooking, only warming on stovetop.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Block tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) Minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hot bean paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Sesame oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Chicken stock or water
- 2 teaspoon(s) Corn starch
- 2 tablespoon(s) Scallions or cilantro for garnish
- Rinse and drain tofu. Cut in 3/4 inch squares.
- Mix remaining ingredients and simmer in pot.
- Add tofu and stir gently until hot.
- Add water as needed.
- Garnish with chopped scallions or cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cecilyw and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note