Grandma's Moist Cake
Community Recipe from
- Ingredients Edit
- Original recipe makes 3 - 8 inch round layers Change Servings
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch pans.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the milk and vanilla, add alternately to the creamed mixture with the flour, ending with the flour. Mix only as much as necessary. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan slightly when done. Allow cakes to cool in the pans for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma's Moist Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes