Easy, and very tastey. Good on a cold day.
Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3/4lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2medium stalks celery (with leaves), sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- 1large carrot, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 3/4cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1box (9 oz) Green Giant frozen baby sweet peas
- 1cup frozen home-style egg noodles (from 12-oz bag)
- 1.Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- 2.Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix chicken and remaining ingredients except peas and noodles.
- 3.Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours.
- 4.Stir in peas and frozen noodles. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews