Grandma's Buttermilk Cornbread
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 2/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8" square pan.
- Stir sugar into melted butter. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture. Stir in cornmeal, flour and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CandyMaxey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note