Grandma Pagano's Green Jello Salad
Chill: 2 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Chopped Nuts
- 1 tub(s) Cool Whip at room temp
- 16 ounce(s) Cottage Cheese
- 1 can(s) Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
- 1 package(s) Lemon jello
- 2 package(s) Lime Jello
- 3/4 cup(s) Marschino Cherries, chopped/drained
- Prepare jello following the instructions as on package (do not chill or use the fast set instructions); than beat with an electric mixer until the froth is double to triple in size. Gently fold in the cool whip, being careful not to beat. Fold in Cottage Cheese. Add celery, fruit, than nuts, mixing as little as possible.
- Note: Grandma always stressed the secret was how long she beat the jello before she started adding the ingredients. us an electric mixer and beat the jello/water mixture until it at least doubles, preferable triples ( the froth is the key).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by wzsgurl2002 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma Pagano's Green Jello Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads