Okay, I love baking pies and I am always searching for the best recipes. I never alter the crust as I don't think it can get any better than a Pate Brisee, but this is by far the most scrumptious, award-winning, and simple apple pie! Look no further to wow your holiday guests. The lattice top takes some effort, but is crucial for the results.
Grandma Ople's Apple Pie
Community Recipe from
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- 2. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- 3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft
- Tips: lattice work crust video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv4809RKhzg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jennypayne79 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes