These sound great. Are they really suppose to bake for 45 minutes? Sounds like an awfully long time to bake cookies.
Grandma Mary’s Shortbread
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Grandma Mary's Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine all ingredients (except frosting) in a medium bowl and knead to form a smooth dough. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out with a cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 275° for 45 minutes; cool.
- Frost with Grandma Mary's Cream Cheese Frosting. Refrigerate until set or ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma Mary’s Shortbread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Desserts