Grandma Honey's Fruit Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 2 - 16oz jar(s) Marichino Cherries Drained Well
- 5 1/2 cup(s) Pecan Halves Cut in 1/3 if desired
- 2 package(s) 7.5 oz Pitted Dates Cut in half
- 1 pound(s) Candied Fruit (Pineapple colored)
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) Rum Divided
- Light Karo Corn Syrup
- 1 In a large bowl mix together first four items- mix well
- 2. In another bowl combine next four items.
- 3. Beat eggs and 1/2 c rum and add to fruit mixture.
- 4. Add Flour and sugar mixture and mix well.
- 5. Pour into pans 3.5 X 7.0 or smaller as you desire.
- 6. Bake one hour at 300 degrees
- 7. Remove from oven and while still hot pour one tsp of remaining rum on top of cake.
- 8. When cool glaze with Karo syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackCarroll and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes