Grandma Honey's Fruit Cake
Great Holiday Cake - Jack's Favorite
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 2 - 16oz jar(s) Marichino Cherries Drained Well
- 5 1/2 cup(s) Pecan Halves Cut in 1/3 if desired
- 2 package(s) 7.5 oz Pitted Dates Cut in half
- 1 pound(s) Candied Fruit (Pineapple colored)
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) Rum Divided
- Light Karo Corn Syrup
- 1 In a large bowl mix together first four items- mix well
- 2. In another bowl combine next four items.
- 3. Beat eggs and 1/2 c rum and add to fruit mixture.
- 4. Add Flour and sugar mixture and mix well.
- 5. Pour into pans 3.5 X 7.0 or smaller as you desire.
- 6. Bake one hour at 300 degrees
- 7. Remove from oven and while still hot pour one tsp of remaining rum on top of cake.
- 8. When cool glaze with Karo syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JackCarroll and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note