Grandma Diser's Spice Cake
My grandmother made this cake as an everyday dessert. My grandfather had a sweet tooth and always wanted to know "What's for dessert?" She used her Caramel Frosting on this cake as well as her Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. They owned a few cows and milked them daily. There was always Guernsey cream in the house. Great childhood memories come from these recipes!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 11 x 7 baking dish.
- There were not preparation steps on this recipe but from my memory I do not remember her using an electric mixer.
- I use one just to mix the ingredients until blended.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add suger, mix.
- Add sour cream.
- Mix lightly.
- Add dry ingredients
- Beat just until mixed. The consistency of just mix with a spoon (like you would brownies).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Frost with Gma D's Caramel Frosting Recipe
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gracie08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grandma Diser's Spice Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts