Grandma Derner's Vegetable Salad
This has been a traditional Thanksgiving/Christmas dish for many years in my mother's family, and now in my family..
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) green peas, drained
- 1 can(s) white whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can(s) french-style green beans, drained
- 1 jar(s) pimentos, drained and chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) salad oil
- 1/2 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- All the chopped vegetables should be about the same size as the peas and corn.
- Bring the sugar, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, and water to boil and then cool
- Add vegetables and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Very delicious and will keep refrigerated for weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarilynC2008 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note