Wonderful recipe! My husband ate two plate fulls! The recipe was so easy to follow! The only change I made was that I used one can of chicken broth instead of two. I have recommended this recipe to all of my newlywed friends wanting to impress the in-laws ;)
Grandma Dean's Chicken and Dressing
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned, and shredded (about 4 cups)
- 6 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 8 (1-ounce) firm white bread slices, torn into pieces
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 5-quart round slow cooker. Dot evenly with butter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or on LOW 7 hours or until set. Stir well before serving.
Many grocery delis offer baked cornbread; just steer away from the sweet variety for this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note