Finally found a complete recipe of my Grandmothers awesome rolls. These were a must have at Thanksgiving Dinner. She used to have to make 2 extra pans of them for the after dinner left overs... made great "sandwich" rolls to put all the turkey etc on it after a long day of hunting
Gram Ella's Lucky 7 Rolls
- 3/4 cup(s) milk scalded
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cake compressed yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) water lukewarm
- 3.5 cup(s) all-purpose flour sifted
- Pour hot milk over sugar shortening and salt.
- Cool to lukewarm and add yeast and eggs and beat well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Knead on lightly floured board until smooth and elastic. (about 5 minutes)
- Place dough in greased bowl and cover with damp cloth.
- Let rise in warm place until double in bulk. (about an hour)
- Punch down.
- Remove to floured board.
- Shape as desired and put into 9x12 greased pan.
- Let rise again until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the middle.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarkandJodie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gram Ella's Lucky 7 Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads