Tasty non-meat meal, served with broiled asparagus and salad. Quick, easy and filling. Good one for my vegetarian relatives visit.
Grain and Vegetable-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 681mg
- Calcium: 227mg
- 4 (5-inch) portobello caps
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped tomato, onion, and bell pepper mix
- 1 (8.5-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked vegetable harvest whole grain rice medley (such as Uncle Ben's Vegetable Harvest Ready Rice)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. Place mushrooms, gill sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 minutes.
- 3. While mushrooms broil, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and tomato mixture to pan. Sauté 2 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in rice, 3/4 cup cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4. Turn mushrooms over; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Divide rice mixture evenly among mushrooms; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes