Great healthy summer meal! I'm not sure the baby peppers are necessary (regular bell peppers would still be good). I found it a tiny bit bland but my hubby loved it!
Grain Salad with Grilled Shrimp and Sweet Peppers
Photo: Jacob Snavely; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 5 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound peeled, medium-size raw shrimp, deveined
- 8 ounces baby sweet peppers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Cook bulgur according to package directions. Toss together bulgur, 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; spread on a baking sheet. Cool completely (about 15 minutes); transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Toss together shrimp, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp. pepper. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Toss together peppers and 1 Tbsp. oil.
- 3. Grill shrimp and peppers, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Brush onions with 1 1/2 tsp. oil, and grill, covered with grill lid, 1 minute on each side. Slice peppers. Cut onions into 1/2-inch-long pieces.
- 4. Toss together bulgur mixture, peppers, onions, lemon juice, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. salt. Top with parsley and shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note