Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) oil can be subsituted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped walnuts optional
- 1. Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine. In a large bowl, combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, oil, egg, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix wet ingredients into dry with a few swift strokes. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- 3. Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet; cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown.
- fruit can be added to batter such as blueberries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by farerie83 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note