I have made this exactly, and also with some modifications. Both turned out great! I did used 2 cups of honey roasted peanuts, because pecans are ridiculously expensive and I prefer peanuts. I added the pretzels in with the nuts and graham cereal, before pouring the syrup mixture over. I found 1 1/2 the normal amount of syrup was too much. So I used 1/2 cup of butter plus 2 tablespoons, 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar and slightly more than 1/3 cup corn syrup. Came out perfectly!
Graham Nut Clusters
Tailgate Tip: Make up to five days ahead and store in an airtight container.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 6 cups honey graham cereal
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Wax paper
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cereal and next 2 ingredients in a very large bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, and stir quickly to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Transfer to wax paper, and cool completely (about 10 minutes). Break into pieces, and toss with pretzel sticks and chocolate pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note