I have made this exactly, and also with some modifications. Both turned out great! I did used 2 cups of honey roasted peanuts, because pecans are ridiculously expensive and I prefer peanuts. I added the pretzels in with the nuts and graham cereal, before pouring the syrup mixture over. I found 1 1/2 the normal amount of syrup was too much. So I used 1/2 cup of butter plus 2 tablespoons, 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar and slightly more than 1/3 cup corn syrup. Came out perfectly!
Graham Nut Clusters
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 6 cups honey graham cereal
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Wax paper
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cereal and next 2 ingredients in a very large bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, and stir quickly to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Transfer to wax paper, and cool completely (about 10 minutes). Break into pieces, and toss with pretzel sticks and chocolate pieces.
Also featured in: Celebrations Special, All You, 2013
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Candy