Graham Cracker Shortbread S'mores
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: Makes 16 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups stone-ground whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Espresso Marshmallows
- Line a 9- x 9-inch pan with parchment; set aside. (Let the parchment overhang the edge of the pan so that it can be used to lift the cookies out when cooled.)
- Cream butter and sugar together until creamy and light. Stir in vanilla and molasses. Mix flours, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl, and add to butter-sugar mixture until blended. Press into prepared 9- x 9-inch pan, and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 25 minutes or until slightly brown. Cut hot shortbread into 16 (4 1/2- x 1-inch) bars, and let cool in pan.
- Dip half of each shortbread bar into melted chocolate, and scrape bottom against edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and let cool until hardened. Serve with Espresso Marshmallows.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note