Graham Cracker Fudge
My mother wrote down her favorite fudge recipe for me on the first Christmas I was married (over 40 years ago). She saved the original clipping cut from a November 1942 magazine. Now I have both copies…they are yellowed with time, but the fudge is as delicious and chewy as ever.
- 2 sqs. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds, divided
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Add condensed milk and cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add vanilla, graham cracker crumbs and one cup nuts; mix well. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of remaining nuts in the bottom of a buttered 8"x8" baking pan. Use a knife that has been dipped in hot water to spread chocolate mixture in pan. Press remaining 1/4 cup nuts into top. Cover and chill overnight. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note