Graduation Cake Decorations
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Rose Nguyen
- 1/2 (12-oz.) box chocolate-coated malted milk balls
- 1 (4.75-oz.) box chocolate-covered mint-filled candies
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Blue gourmet jelly beans
- Blue food coloring gel
- 4 mint-filled chocolate squares
- 1 (4-inch) piece thin ribbon
- 1 rolled vanilla cookie
- * Remove and reserve 1/4 cup Cream Cheese Frosting before frosting cake. Spread remaining Cream Cheese Frosting evenly on top and sides of cake. Press chocolate-coated malted milk balls and chocolate-covered mint-filled candies alternately around bottom edges of frosted cake. Arrange chocolate sprinkles and blue jelly beans around outside top edges of cake, forming a 1-inch border.
- * Tint reserved 1/4 cup Cream Cheese Frosting with food coloring gel, stirring to achieve desired color, and place in a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole, and pipe a number corresponding with the graduation year on each mint-filled chocolate square. Arrange chocolate squares on center of cake, pressing gently to secure.
- * Diploma: Tie ribbon around rolled vanilla cookie. Press cookie diploma into Cream Cheese Frosting in top left corner of cake.
- * For testing purposes only, we used Whoppers for chocolate-coated malted milk balls, Junior Mints for chocolate-covered mint-filled candies, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Mint Filling Squares for mint-filled chocolate squares, Jelly Belly for gourmet jelly beans, and DeBeukelaer Pirouluxe Belgian Rolled Butter Vanilla Cookies for rolled vanilla cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This