Grab-and-Go Breakfast Bars
These bars freeze really well. So, if you have leftovers, wrap individual portions in plastic baggies or aluminum foil and freeze. Nutrition Information per Serving: 170 calories, 7g fat (1.5g saturated, 0.7g omega-3), 85mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Quick Oats
- 1 cup(s) Shreaded Wheat Cereal
- 1 cup(s) walnuts toasted
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Dried Fruit (dried apricots, dried plums, and dried cranberries)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) Mini chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Place the oats, shredded wheat, walnuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped (the dried fruit will be the size of a dried pea or lentil).
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add the oatmeal mixture and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- 4. Transfer to the baking pan and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to spread evenly.
- 5. Bake about 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the bars are done. Let bars cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rwilliams3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note