These are perfect appetizers -- the flavors blend beautifully. Made them with nonfat cream cheese and reduced fat blue cheese and my guests never noticed. Be sure to work quickly when rolling the balls out; the cheese has a tendency to get soft very quickly. Next time I might work with half the cheese at a time. But will definitely make again.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-oz.) container crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Apple and pear slices
- 1. Beat first 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Cover tightly, and chill at least 1 hour or until firm (can chill up to 3 days).
- 2. Roll cheese mixture into 3/4-inch-round balls. Roll each ball in bacon. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve. If chilled, let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve with apple and pear slices and grapes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers