Gorgonzola-Stuffed Pork Chops with Pears
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 457
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 279mg
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 6 oz. each)
- 2 ounces gorgonzola dolce cheese, cut into 4 chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pears (about 8 oz. each), cored and cut into wedges
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut a horizontal pocket into the side of each pork chop.
- 2. Press cheese chunks into hazelnuts to coat, reserving nuts that don't stick. Push 1 cheese chunk into each pork chop pocket.
- 3. Heat oil in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Sear chops until browned, 2 minutes per side. Add pears and thyme to pan.
- 4. Bake until pork is firm but still slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes