- 4 boneless pork chops (about 6 oz. each)
- 2 ounces gorgonzola dolce cheese, cut into 4 chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pears (about 8 oz. each), cored and cut into wedges
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- calories 457
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 30 g
- satfat 9.4 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 279 mg
- cholesterol 99 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Cut a horizontal pocket into the side of each pork chop.
Press cheese chunks into hazelnuts to coat, reserving nuts that don't stick. Push 1 cheese chunk into each pork chop pocket.
Heat oil in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Sear chops until browned, 2 minutes per side. Add pears and thyme to pan.
Bake until pork is firm but still slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.