- 1 package active dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 Mortgage Lifter tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- calories 261
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 9.2 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 1.9 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 16.3 g
- carbohydrate 29.5 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 680 mg
- calcium 237 mg
How to Make It
Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Add flours, wheat gluten, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; stir until a soft dough forms.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 3 minutes). Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
Preheat oven to 450°.
Punch dough down. Roll dough into a 10 x 14–inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 minutes.
Sprinkle cheeses evenly over dough. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over cheese. Combine basil and remaining ingredients in a bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly over tomatoes.
Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut pizza into 8 (5 x 3 1/2–inch) rectangles.