Smoky bits of lean Canadian bacon and light beer are the secrets to this dish's fabulous flavor. We also love the easy convenience of packaged collards.
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 6 Canadian bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
- 1 (12-oz.) can light beer
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sauté Canadian bacon and onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add collards, in batches, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until wilted. Stir in beer, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or to desired degree of tenderness. Stir in lemon juice and remaining ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note