- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients. Shape into a 9- x 5-inch loaf, and place on a lightly greased wire rack in a baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes; increase heat to 425°, and bake 15 more minutes or until done. Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes before serving.