These muffins turned out perfectly! They were a big hit with everyone in the family. I followed the recipe exactly and was not disappointed!
Golden Sweet Cornbread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup veg. oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- 3. Lightly beat egg and add to milk and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix til just combined. Let the mixture sit for about 3 minutes.
- 4. Spoon into muffin tins and bake in preheated oven for about 2025 minutes.
- 5. While nice and hot, spread with honey butter (Just combine about 2 Tbsp of honey with 1 stick of softened butter.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KelliT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Golden Sweet Cornbread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads