Golden Stuffed Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Calcium: 245mg
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 4 yellow or red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Set aside.
- Halve peppers lengthwise; discard seeds. Place pepper halves in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until peppers begin to soften.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs, corn, and next 7 ingredients.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Place pepper halves in dish; divide vegetable mixture evenly among peppers. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables