- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 4 yellow or red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 260
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- protein 12.9 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 623 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 6.7 g
- calcium 245 mg
How to Make It
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Set aside.
Halve peppers lengthwise; discard seeds. Place pepper halves in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until peppers begin to soften.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs, corn, and next 7 ingredients.
Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Place pepper halves in dish; divide vegetable mixture evenly among peppers. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.