I made this for me and my kids (ages 12 & 14) and we all absolutely LOVED it! I used cod instead of the halibut and jalepeno instead of the Fresno chili. Next time I may add green onion to the yogurt sauce. I highly recommend it! We can't wait to make it again.
Golden State Fish Tacos
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 9.3g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned halibut fillets (1 in. thick), cut into 1 1/2-in. chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 to 14 corn tortillas* (5 to 6 in.), warmed on grill
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce cut in fine shreds
- Avocado and Salted Lemon Salad
- Yogurt Sauce
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix seasonings in a small bowl. Put halibut on a rimmed baking sheet; coat with oil. Sprinkle with seasonings. Thread fish on 6 to 8 slender metal skewers. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels.
- 2. Grill fish, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total. Fill tortillas with lettuce, fish, and salad. Serve with yogurt sauce.
- *If tortillas are very thin, buy double the amount and stack 2 per taco.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with 1 tbsp. sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This