- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3.45 ounces brown rice flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.1 ounces tapioca flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- calories 190
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 2.4 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 0.7 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 103 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan.
Combine 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Remove from heat; stir in rum.
Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add vanilla, eggs, and milk mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Spoon batter over pecans in pan; sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles.
Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan; place on a serving plate.
Brush rum syrup over cake; let stand 10 minutes. Repeat twice, reserving 1/3 cup rum syrup for serving. Spoon whipped topping and reserved rum syrup over slices of cake.