Golden Raisin Couscous
Serve this raisin-accented grain dish with Peppercorn Tuna and Saute
Yield: 2 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup couscous, uncooked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine chicken broth and salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, celery, and green onions; saute 5 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Add vegetable mixture, raisins, sunflower kernels, and lemon juice to couscous; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note