This is a finger-licking-good soup!! The only thing i changed was the chicken broth, i added water instead because i did not have vegetable broth. still it was delicious! i didnt even make the crouton, but who cares, didnt need it! there is a hint of the cayenne pepper... love it!
Golden Potato-Cauliflower Soup
Take your traditional potato soup recipe up a notch by adding crisp cauliflower. Once the simple is pureed, no one will be able to guess your secret ingredient.
More From Health
- Calories: 171
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 629mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed French or Italian bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 1/2 cups sliced cauliflower (about 1/2 small cauliflower)
- 3/4 pound sliced peeled Yukon gold potato
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare croutons, combine cumin and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl; add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool croutons slightly; set aside.
- 3. To prepare soup, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and celery; cover and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, potato, broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add lemon juice. Place vegetable mixture, in batches, in a food processor; process until smooth. Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls; serve with croutons, and top with chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note