Golden Onions and Eggs on Toast
Notes: Four English muffins, split and toasted, can be used instead of the toast.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 438
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sodium: 537mg
- Cholesterol: 337mg
- 1 1/4 pounds onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 slices country-style bread (3/4 in. thick; 1/2 lb. total), toasted
- Minced parsley
- 1. In an 11- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onions and butter often until onions are limp and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, shell eggs and chop.
- 3. Mix a little broth with flour to make a smooth paste, then add to remaining broth and mix into onion mixture. Add milk and stir over high heat until boiling, then stir about 2 minutes more.
- 4. Add eggs to sauce and mix well.
- 5. Spoon sauce onto toast. Sprinkle with parsley and add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note