- 1 1/4 pounds onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 slices country-style bread (3/4 in. thick; 1/2 lb. total), toasted
- Minced parsley
- calories 438
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 17 g
- satfat 6.9 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 537 mg
- cholesterol 337 mg
How to Make It
In an 11- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onions and butter often until onions are limp and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, shell eggs and chop.
Mix a little broth with flour to make a smooth paste, then add to remaining broth and mix into onion mixture. Add milk and stir over high heat until boiling, then stir about 2 minutes more.
Add eggs to sauce and mix well.
Spoon sauce onto toast. Sprinkle with parsley and add salt to taste.