GOLDEN MUSHROOM FRITTERS
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) biscuit mix
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped pimento
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1/4 cup(s) dairy sour cream
- 1 egg white
- Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
- 1)In a large mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, mushrooms, onion, pimento, salt and celery seed.2) Combine egg yolk and sour cream. 3)Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.4)In a small mixing bowl use a rotary beater to beat egg white until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). 5)Fold the beaten egg white into the mushroom mixture.6)In a deep-fat fryer or heavy saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees. 7)Carefully drop mushroom batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil.8)Fry fritters, a few at a time, about 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.9)Drain on paper towels.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes