Golden Gate Grilled Turkey and Cheese
"Making the most of Thanksgiving leftovers" by Michael Hastings. Recipe adapted from "The Sunset Essential Western Cookbook". Winston-Salem Journal: November 21, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chile flakes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) coarsely shreeded Parmesan cheese
- 4 freshly cut slice(s) from a sourdough loaf
- 6 ounce(s) thinly sliced turkey
- 1/2 firm but ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 slice(s) Muenster cheese
- 1. Combine butter, garlic, and chile flakes in a small bowl. Whisk egg and milk in a medium bowl. Spread Parmesan on a plate.
- 2. Melt half the garlic butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip 1 bread slice in egg mixture, coating one side only. Dip coated side into Parmesan. Put in frying pan, cheese side down. Repeat with 1 more bread slice. Arrange turkey, avocado, cilantro and Muenster evenly on both slices.
- 3. Dip remaining 2 bread slices into egg on one side and then into Parmesan. Set on sandwiches in pan, cheese side up. Continue cooking sandwiches over medium heat until undersides are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Lift sandwiches and add remaining garlic butter to pan; flip and cook until second side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note