Golden Fried Chicken
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) broiler fryers, cut up
- Vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix, and set aside. Dissolve soda in the buttermilk; set aside.
- Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag; shake well. Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture. Return chicken to flour mixture, coating well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet to 350°; add several pieces of chicken, and fry 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat procedure. Drain chicken well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes