Golden Egg Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) container small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (2 1/4-oz.) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and bell pepper, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in mushroom mixture, cottage cheese, and remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15 more minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch