Golden Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
Photo: Kana Okada
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 696mg
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 21g
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large yellow or other kind of onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup large pimiento-stuffed olives, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft, 5 minutes. Add the olives, garlic, and tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the wine, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Divide the chicken among individual plates and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve with the rice.
Tip: This quick, savory sauce also livens up pasta, shrimp, and fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes