Golden Chicken with Cilantro-Cashew Pesto and Coconut Rice
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skinned (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted, unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 teaspoons finely minced garlic, divided
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown basmati rice
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- calories 505
- fat 24.1 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 12.8 g
- polyfat 3.3 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 34 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 159 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 579 mg
- calcium 64 mg
- sugars 6 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large jelly-roll pan with foil.
Combine yogurt, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, curry powder, sugar, and garlic powder in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken leg quarters to yogurt mixture; gently toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Place chicken on prepared pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
While chicken stands, combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, cashews, mint, honey, rind, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and onion in a small bowl; stir to combine. Set aside.
Place chicken in oven; bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°.
While chicken cooks, combine remaining 2 teaspoons garlic, stock, rice, and milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Stir once to separate rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Remove lid; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Divide rice among 4 plates; arrange 1 chicken leg quarter on top of each serving. Top evenly with cilantro mixture.