Golden Chicken & Autumn Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cup fresh or frozen whole green beans
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Stir the stock, garlic, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, potatoes and green beans in the skillet and heat to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Season as desired.
Herbed Chicken Dijon with Wine: Add 1/4 cup white wine, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard with the stock in Step 2. Substitute Yukon Gold potatoes for the sweet potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes