Golden Beet Relish
This recipe goes with Potato Pancakes with Smoked Trout, Horseradish Crème Fraîche, and Golden Beet Relish
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 4 small golden beets (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 large shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim beets, leaving roots and 1-inch stems. Drizzle beets and shallot evenly with 2 tablespoons oil, and wrap individually in foil.
- Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until tender; cool. Trim stems and roots, and rub skins to remove. Finely chop beets, shallot, and thyme, and place in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments