I don't see the recipe for the sauce???
Gold Nugget Burger
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 589
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 47g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 856mg
- Cholesterol: 133mg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin or chuck (10% fat; see notes)
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices (2 in. by 1 in. and 1/4 in. thick) cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 Kaiser, onion, or crusty round rolls (4 in. wide), split
- Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (4 oz.)
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (about 8 oz.), cored and thinly sliced
- 1. In a bowl, gently mix ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Divide meat mixture into eight equal portions and shape each into a 4-inch round. Top each of four rounds with 2 slices of cheese. Lay another patty on top of each and press edges together to seal.
- 3. Lay burgers and onion slices on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and done to your liking (cut to test), about 7 minutes total for medium-rare. Cook onions, also turning once, until browned on both sides, 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove from grill.
- 4. Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 5. Spread Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce on bun bottoms. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, onion, and Guacamole. Set bun tops in place. Serve with remaining Guacamole, sauce, and salt and pepper to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note