Ok so a few things, first his recipe is kind of a pain in the ass because it is so messy. I dont know how these people mixed all of these ingredients in one bowl. I mixed the dry ingredients and then spread them on a cookie sheet. DO NOT MELT THE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE! It will be dry and will eventually burn! Melt it on the stove w a tbsp of water. I tried this recipe with milk choc and with white. Both were good, but I mean who loves white chocolate? Also the cinnamon is a nice touch but a tsp is too much. Trust me, half the cinnamon. Overall very good tasting but a pain in the ass.
Gold-Dusted White Chocolate Popcorn
We adapted this recipe from one on the Jolly Time Popcorn Web site (www.jollytime.com) called Glitterrazzi Popcorn. Find the edible gold dust at cake or party supply stores.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1 (3.3-oz.) bag butter-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Edible gold dust
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl, discarding unpopped kernels. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- 2. Microwave white chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- 3. Spread mixture in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens. Sprinkle with gold dust. Break into pieces; serve immediately, or store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note