Ok so a few things, first his recipe is kind of a pain in the ass because it is so messy. I dont know how these people mixed all of these ingredients in one bowl. I mixed the dry ingredients and then spread them on a cookie sheet. DO NOT MELT THE CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE! It will be dry and will eventually burn! Melt it on the stove w a tbsp of water. I tried this recipe with milk choc and with white. Both were good, but I mean who loves white chocolate? Also the cinnamon is a nice touch but a tsp is too much. Trust me, half the cinnamon. Overall very good tasting but a pain in the ass.
Gold-Dusted White Chocolate Popcorn
Beth Dreilling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Stand: 15 Minutes
- 1 (3.3-oz.) bag butter-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Edible gold dust
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl, discarding unpopped kernels. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- 2. Microwave white chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- 3. Spread mixture in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens. Sprinkle with gold dust. Break into pieces; serve immediately, or store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note