This is a great yellow cake which uses up your leftover egg yolks, especially after making an angel food cake. Ice with white icing, coffee icing or chocolate icing.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round pans.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add egg yolks and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add milk to butter mixture in 2 parts alternately with flour mixture in 3 parts, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spread in prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gold Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts