Godsey's Kickin' Chicken Sandwiches from Godsey's Grill
Photo: Oxmoor House
Spicy, smoky, and a little sweet, this pulled chicken sandwich delivers. At the restaurant, it's made with meat from whole Cajun-spiced chickens that are slowly smoked over hickory. We made it faster with hot cooked chicken from the grocery deli.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 pretzel buns or kaiser rolls
- Cobra Sauce
- 3/4 pound pulled smoked or deli-roasted chicken
- 12 cooked bacon slices
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 8 (0.7-oz.) pepper Jack cheese slices
- 1. Preheat broiler. Split buns, and place, cut sides up, on baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until toasted. Spread cut sides of buns with Cobra Sauce. Set top halves aside. Pile chicken, bacon, tomato, and cheese onto bottom halves of buns. Return to oven, and broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts. Replace top halves of buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note