Absolutely delicious. Light before a nice meal - just the right amount of tang. Serve on french bread or wheat crackers.
Goat Cheese Torta
Make an impressive but easy appetizer by layering a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese with pesto and pressing into a small bowl. To serve, simply invert the bowl onto a platter and serve with crackers. The recipe includes directions for making homemade pesto, but it works just as well with store-bought refrigerated pesto.
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Garden Pesto
- Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, pecans, pine nuts
- French baguette slices
- Process first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Line a 2- or 3-cup glass bowl with plastic wrap, allowing 3 inches to hang over sides.
- Spread half of cheese mixture into bowl; top evenly with 1/2 to 3/4 cup Garden Pesto. Top with remaining half of cheese mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Invert chilled torta onto a serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired. Serve with baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note